Sterling Silver Info and Care Instructions
Our jewelry is made of the highest quality 925 sterling silver sourced in Indonesia. By definition, sterling silver contains 92.5% silver. Pure silver is too malleable to be used in jewelry making and is therefore alloyed with another metal to make it more durable and rigid. Our sterling silver contains 7.5% copper. It does NOT contain nickel.
Due to oxidation and wear, your sterling silver jewelry may tarnish over time. Regular cleanings with a sterling silver polish cloth will keep your jewelry looking like new.
Tips for Cleaning and Storing your Jewelry
- Rub the silver between a sterling silver polish cloth with your fingers. Be mindful of delicate jewelry and try not to use too much force on thin wires.
- Avoid rubbing the polish cloth on gemstones or shell. The polish cloth is treated with a chemical cleaner that can be harmful to stones.
- DO NOT USE LIQUID CLEANERS. Although polishing your jewelry with a cloth may take a little more time, we believe it is worth it and will ensure the longevity of your jewelry.
- Store all sterling silver jewelry in sealed plastic bags. Exposure to oxygen causes the silver to tarnish. Keep all of your jewelry in the plastic bags provided with every shipment.
- Clean your jewelry regularly. It will be much easier to clean if you do not let the tarnish build up.
- Take your jewelry off when you are cooking or showering. Acidic foods and chemicals can be harmful to the silver and gemstones.
If you follow these simple steps, your jewelry will last you a lifetime.